Saturday 26 June 2010

Morning number 1

What can I say,

Of all the places I could have come for a summer training camp I don't think any could have suited my personality more than Chamonix. I arrived yesterday to a hoard of Ultramarathon runners getting ready to run the 42.2km "Mont-Blanc Marathon" route this morning from Chamonix - La Tour - Planpraz, an incredible 8,200 feet of vertical gain. Nuts. But it's nice to have a few hundred guys running around town in compression socks, makes me a feel a little more normal.

It's only 7.40am but I had to get up early to cheer the runners off, going to be a stunning day, below are some pictures of the view from my window...


Mont-Blanc getting early sunlight...at 4810m it's understandable!

The start of the marathon


Up close and personal...never enjoy watching other people race when I'm not but today I think I'll leave them to it.


Day 1 of altitude camp so don't want to overdo it, big ride planned though, hopefully will get some good pictures and maybe a video or two...will be up later!

Mike

No comments: