Sunday 11 April 2010

Big day, big week.

Training camp has finished.

Certainly the hardest 2 weeks of my life, not just super heavy mileage but more just a continual stream of quality sessions and consistent intensity. Really pleased with how its gone.

Back in January I did a week I thought was the hardest I'd ever do, 6 days of running in a row. The past 12 days destroyed that week. 9 days of running straight, for "swimmer mike" thats a big deal. Today topped it all off, a 7 hour ride, so I'm all worn out and ready for my long trip home tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for making it a great 2 weeks, Speed theory, the akeroyds and Whistler tri club :)

Now it's time to focus on the summer, hopefully the start of a sun tan once again (definite sun on my cheeks today), graduating university and the biggest racing season I've ever done.

Many races, training camps, travel, hard times and good times will unfold over the next 5 months and I'll keep it all up to date here,

Thanks for checking in.

Mike

No comments: