Sunday 23 November 2008

Back to work

Easy week's finished, business as usual come tomorrow morning for another 3 weeks of heavy mileage.

Spent most of this week recovering from my hardest three weeks yet that finished last Sunday. Lots of steady pool work and stretching along with catching up on some needed sleep made for a fun week of light work.

Had a good day on Saturday, went up to Cypress mountain for a hike in the morning, about 13km, up in the clouds with awesome views and lots of snow to play in...

Really fun day out and it's nice to mix up the work a bit, lots of slipping and obstical jumping made it an all over body workout!


As you can see from the picutres the girls were leaving me in their dust...



and me looking a bit lost...




Rode with my cycling partner Denise again today, up Cypress mountain for the second day in a row. Snow at the top was fun to ride through but made the decent FREEZING. Proceeded to punture (her not me) about 20km from home going through both of our CO2 canisters in the process only for me to puncture 10km later...luckily right outside of a friendly bike store. A few muffled complaints later and I was on my way home...be it covered in the tell tale sign of a triathlete...bike grease.

24 days till I go back to Scotland for Christmas...

...heard it's a bit cold over there!

Mike



No comments: