Tuesday 24 February 2009

Back to school work in Vancouver,

Drove back up from Oregon on Sunday afternoon (took 8 hours!) but is a pretty easy drive. The longest you ever have to drive in Scotland is about 3 hours so it's a bit but numbing at first but I guess not as bad as 100km on the bike :)
The camp went really well, got in some good work and got a pretty feel for where I am going into the season. First race is in 12 days, the UBC triathlon, and I'm excited to race. It's been almost 8 months since I last did a triathlon (time goes FAR too quickly here) and I can't wait to zip up my trisuit next Sunday.

Basically when we were down in Oregon we trained, slept and ate. I have never eaten so much in my life, I was just munching all day...

...we went through all this in 4 days





And the house was beautiful too which made sitting around watching the Tour of California on tv very tempting,



But of course there was plenty of time, after the eating and the sleeping, to get on my trainer and do my sessions,


Was a solid week and I think it will pay off in a few months time. This is basically the last of the winter work, seeing as racing starts in 2 weekends time, so we bid a sad farewell to the joys of off season training and give a welcome home party for race season work!
Train hard,
Mike


No comments: