Tuesday 3 March 2009

Focus

Hey,

It has been a hectic 2 weeks over here but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. That light comes in the form of the first race of the year, the famous annual UBC triathlon. Attracting 3000 competitors it is the big start to the year in BC and the largest indoor pool swim tri in North America.

So once my exams are done (Friday) I get to focus on racing again.

It has been busy in other areas too, last Thursday I announced my intentions to commit my full attention to triathlon over the next 4 years once I graduate from university next April. It is a step forward but also a step that we've been building up to take, I have been really encouraged by everyones support for my decision and it just reaffirms that it is the right one.

I hope to keep my support team around me and build on the great start I have already hard, there is a lot to work on and that's part of the fun!

In the mean time I'll keep trying to pass these midterms and will post a full pre and post race report at the weekend...

...some pictures of my tiny triathlon store/dorm room here at UBC
My little bike centre...

Mike

No comments: